- Learn more about why food insecurity is a serious public health problem
- Read these fact sheets about food insecurity
- Learn more about why income solutions are needed to reduce food insecurity
Spread the word
- Talking about the problem of food insecurity at your dinner table or at social gatherings. Use ODPH's Food insecurity infographic
- Sharing the link to the No Money for Food is...Cent$less campaign on social media using this link: http://bit.ly/2DRKYoK
- Retweeting @RDsPubHealthON tweets about food insecurity
Customize the letter template below to urge your political leaders to take action on food insecurity.
A complete listing of federal Members of Parliament (MPs) with contact information can be found here.
Writing and mailing the letter to MPs may have more impact than email. The mailing address for all federal MPs is House of Commons, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0A6. Mail may be sent postage-free to any MP.
A complete listing of Ontario Members of Provincial Parliament (MPPs) with contact information can be found here.
Suggested MPs and MPPs to address your letter:
- RT. Hon. Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada email@example.com
- Hon. Chrystia Freeland, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hon. Jean-Yves Duclos, Minister of Health email@example.com
- Hon. Carolyn Bennett, Minister of Mental Health and Addictions and Associate Minister of Health firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hon. Karina Gould, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development email@example.com
- Hon. Pierre Poilievre, Leader of the Official Opposition firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hon. Doug Ford, Premier of Ontario email@example.com
- Hon. Sylvia Jones, Deputy Premier and Minister of Health firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hon. Michael Parsa, Minister of Children, Community and Social Services email@example.com
- Lisa Gretzky, Critic, Poverty and Homelessness Reduction firstname.lastname@example.org
- Higher minimum wage rates
- Increasing social assistance rates
- Reducing income tax rates for the lowest income households
- A basic income guarantee