OR, your stove doesn’t work
OR, you don’t have the correct equipment to make that healthy meal
OR, you may have income, education, BUT you don’t have TIME to make the healthy meal…
...your living situation may impact your food literacy.
Tips about OUTSIDE THINGS that may Improve Food Literacy
- Food Literacy for Thought: The food system is everything from farm to fork; from gate to plate!
- Take time to learn about where your food comes from and how it gets to your table
- Go meatless once a week. Try lentils, chickpeas, or black beans
- Join a community garden in your neighborhood
- Food Literacy for Thought: There are many things that affect our health like income, housing, education, and access to food
- Food Literacy for Thought: Many things shape what we choose to eat like personal beliefs, traditions, and our family and friends
- Turn off the screens and eat at the table as a family more often